Sunday, April 21, 2013

Congratulations to the master thief

While I was struggling for my life some most intelligent individual took the opportunity to take a Japanese maple from my greenhouse. Around March 10 to 13, when I had major heart surgery with complications someone must have known from the bonsai forums that I was not home. He, perfectly correctly, forsaw that I would not bother to have any safety measures installed in winter. He knew exactly what he wanted from my blog, where I showed that tree in December/January. He went through obstacles, creeped into a small alley in the green house and got exactly his tree. Congratulations, it will be hard to find a much better one of that favorite size of his (35 to 45 cm). This fits exactly into the past pattern: very Japanese looking trees which actually come from Japan, and which look just like coming out of a picture book for bonsai. I am happy to say that I don't have many more of those.

What must such a person think? What must he feel? Probably proud to be so smart.